PACS is a small Private Elementary School operated by the Seventh Day Adventist Church in North East Pennsylvania for over one hundred years. It serves students from pre-K to eighth grade and has provided foundational education to thousands of students in the Stroudsburg and Monroe county area. Our Objective is to train students in the knowledge of God and the Christian way of life. With the faculty and parents working together, students will receive a sound traditional education pursuing excellence in academics while molding their lives and character so that each will receive a good foundation for the life that lies ahead.
Give To Pocono Adventist Christian School
Pocono Adventist Christian School is a non-profit, non-denominational Christian school. With no public funding, the school’s operational needs are met solely through tuition revenue and the support of private donors. Your tax-deductible gifts will help us greatly as we seek to put in place all the resources that are needed for the fulfillment of our God-given mission.
Whether you are a parent, grandparent, or a friend of Pocono Adventist Christian School, you can make a difference in the life and success of this school. We recognize that charitable giving is a personal decision, and we pray that you consider Pocono Adventist Christian School when planning your donations for the year.
We also pray that you support Pocono Adventist Christian School with more than just monetary gifts. We desire that you experience the blessings that come from being generous givers of all the resources God has bestowed upon you – your time and talent as well as your treasure. We believe that it is by God’s will and pleasure that Pocono Adventist Christian School exists and serves and that all of your gifts to the school will glorify God and His kingdom.
The Pocono Adventist Christian School makes an appeal to all parents, grandparents, and friends of the school asking for support for our programs. Each dollar received as a gift to the Pocono Adventist Christian School Scholarship Fund is used to bridge the gap between income collected through tuition and the actual operating expenses of the school. Gifts to the Pocono Adventist Christian School Scholarship Fund are very important in helping the school meet its most immediate needs, while at the same time providing a tax benefit for the donor.
A scholarship gift is a powerful way to encourage our students to pursue and receive an Education that ignites their intellect and develop within each student values that shapes their Character. We believe that a quality and unique well rounded educational experience is an important part of developing leaders for future generations. Your gifts benefit students who would not normally be able to get a value driven education. This will be one of the most valuable investments that you will ever make because it will not only benefit the students but shape the future of many others because you chose to provide a scholarship to one person who needs your support.
Whether it is $10, $20, $25 or $25,000 per month, your gift is important and appreciated. We desire everyone’s participation and ask that you prayerfully consider supporting us in this endeavor and making this part of your charitable giving each year. We accept both restricted and unrestricted gifts.
The benefits of the Scholarship fund
Take credit for helping kids!
How this helps you, the school, and the children: You are already paying income taxes to the state. Why not redirect some of those taxes to provide Pennsylvania children with a Christian education? When you redirect your Pennsylvania income taxes to GOAL, you can designate that the contribution be used to provide scholarships at The Pocono Adventist Christian School. Thus, The Pocono Adventist Christian School is able to:
- increase the financial aid that it can offer new students
- increase school enrollment
- increase the funds available to improve educational offerings.Fundraising Goals for PACS
Fundraising Goals for PACS
What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund for Pocono Adventist Christian School is the single most important fundraising priority for Pocono Adventist Christian School. It is family and friends partnering together to give additional resources for our school and for our kids, giving them the biblical and academic foundation needed so they will be exceptionally prepared to impact their community and our world.
Giving Opportunities for the Annual Fund
The Annual Fund is a tax-deductible opportunity for parents, alumni, grandparents, faculty, staff, and friends of Pocono Adventist Christian School to contribute to the ongoing academic success of our students.
All members of the Stroudsburg Church and our community partners are asked to contribute to the Annual Fund to augment the activities of our School.
Annual Fund gifts provide tools to prepare students to think critically and act biblically, equipping them to become leaders for tomorrow by providing educational resources today. We are inviting every friend to stand with every parent, every grandparent, every faculty member and every board member to reach our participation goal of 100% and our financial goal of $150,000. Monies given are a tax-deductible, charitable donation and will be used towards:
- Providing resources outside of the regular operating budget
- Further enhancing the educational experience for students
- Keeping tuition costs as low as possible for every family
- Funding specific areas of need
- Providing continued improvement and innovation in the classroom and beyond
- Continuing expansion of our science and technology program
- *Faculty and staff professional development grants
- *Financial assistance to deserving families who may be facing short-term need
- *Continued funding to provide the faculty with the necessary instructional tools to deliver a quality education to our children
- *Access and affordability to the broadest number of families profile by keeping tuition increases at a minimum
Both your pledge and your participation matter!
A pledge of support today enables us to apply for foundation grants later this year and in future years. Consistent, high levels of family and community participation translate into more favorable responses to our request for foundational funding.
Your gift, when joined with those from staff, other parents and friends, allows us to boldly proclaim that we have 100% of our families demonstrating their support of our mission and vision. Plus, it helps us reach this year’s goal of $150,000 which will allow us to better equip every student every single school day.
Ways to give:
In addition to receiving the full amount back as a state tax credit, your contribution may also be utilized as a 501(c)3 charitable contribution deduction on your federal income tax return.
- Pennsylvania allows businesses to claim a tax credit for contributions made to “scholarship organizations.” The credit is equal to 75 percent of a one-year contribution and 90 percent of a two-year contribution made by a business. Each contributing business can receive a maximum credit of $300,000 per year. Statewide, the credits awarded cannot exceed $44.7 million. Businesses can also receive a separate credit for contributions to pre-kindergarten scholarship organizations. This credit equals 100 percent of the contribution up to $10,000 and 90 percent of any additional contribution up to $150,000. The total value of credits awarded statewide is capped at $8 million.
- Students with family incomes of $60,000 or less ($12,000 allowance for each additional dependent) are eligible to receive a scholarship. This includes students already enrolled in private school. A scholarship organization must spend at least 80 percent of its revenue on scholarships. Scholarship recipients can attend a public or private school approved by the scholarship organization. There is no requirement for participating private schools to administer standardized tests (2012 Act 85, Art. XVII-G.1).
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please enter your employer’s name below.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to Pocono Adventist Christian School may be doubled or possibly tripled! Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
Creating an Endowment or Scholarship
How Endowments Work
What is an endowment fund?
Endowments may be established through an outright gift, a five-year pledge, or a bequest or other form of planned gift. You may also encourage contributions from family and friends to make your fund grow. Endowments have been established to assist students with scholarships and to support a specific program, department, or, as an unrestricted gift, the greatest needs of the school. You can also honor someone special or memorialize a loved one with a named fund.
Although the specific use may vary greatly, endowment funds have a common objective: to provide support not just for one year, or even one generation, but in perpetuity. An endowment fund is a permanent fund in which the spendable amounts are available for the designated purpose.
What are the advantages of establishing an endowed gift?
Creating an endowment allows you to fulfill your own personal philanthropic goals while helping support the needs and mission of Pocono Adventist Christian School. Endowments may be established for many reasons including to:
- permanently honor a loved one or mentor
- say thank you for an education
- celebrate personal and professional accomplishments
- perpetually support educational excellence at Pocono Adventist Christian School
- assist today’s students to become the leaders of tomorrow
- leave your permanent legacy
Endowments offer you benefits in the form of tax benefits under both state and federal laws. Depending on the type of asset given, and the type of gift arrangement selected, it is possible to enjoy current savings on income taxes and gift/estate taxes.
How can I fund my endowment gift?
We encourage you to begin your endowment with outright current gifts of cash or assets such as stock or real estate or proceedings from a life insurance policy. As a result, you can witness the wonderful beneficial use of your endowment at work for Pocono Adventist Christian School, students, faculty, and programs.
You can establish an honorary endowment fund now or through your estate plan. Endowments are structured so that a small portion of the fund is used each year, with the balance invested for future growth. This helps ensure that the named fund will create a legacy in perpetuity. This also means that your loved one’s name is forever associated with Pocono Adventist Christian School.
Feel free to visit our website and contact our School principal or treasurer if you or someone you know want to set up a scholarship or Endowment on your behalf or that of a deceased loved one. Leave a legacy for the future and you can begin by setting up a memorial fund for education of the needy and underprivileged. Invest your money and assets in shaping the minds of children.
Pledge Your Gift
We welcome any questions you may have. Thank you for your support!